Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Home Improvements on the Italian Casa Continue..

I leave for Italy tomorrow morning and should be packing, but I just received the the latest pictures of the home that is waiting for me on the other side of the ocean..

I am completely blown away by how our house has been transformed into a home before my very eyes!
The Entry Way and Front Door to the House

It is very emotional for me to see how the entire Orso family (and in particular, my project manager Pasquale) have taken care of so many little details of my home to create a warm inviting place that I am dying to see!!!  I don't think I will be able to sleep tonight!
Bathroom accessorized

I am also excited to see all the new friends I have met during this wonderful adventure!!.  The Orso family (of course!) , some are friendships that were made in guardia, some are friends that have recently moved to guardia and are living there now, and lastly Laurie and Francisco that live in Los Angeles, but are going to close on their house at the end of April. 

 A huge party is already in the works !! I hear there will  be live music ( a dozen local musicians) and of course lots of wine!!

I feel strange listing prices.. but I want to let people know how affordable and easy it is to renovate a house in Guardia.. there are houses in all shapes, sizes and budgets:

House - $30,000
Furniture - $1200
Fridge - $400
Painting and fixing the walls the entire house - $1500 (included labor and materials)
Water Heater - $400
Electric work - $200
Wifi - $100
Misc cleaning & other  - $200
Total Cost - $34,000

Having a little slice of heaven in the middle of paradise.. priceless

I hope some of you feel inspired to come and check this place out for yourselves!

I can't wait to cook and have friends and family around the kitchen table






To be continued from italia ...

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! And thank you so much for including costs - something nearly impossible to get a handle on from the USA.

    ReplyDelete