Friday, April 4, 2014

Guardia Welcomes the World..



This is where I like to spend a few minutes every day!  (Thanks for this treasure Elizabeth C.!!)

I feel like my adventures in Guardia are starting a new chapter.  I'm no longer House Hunting or getting things set up.  I'm back in Texas, working and raising a family. Yet every day I talk to neighbors and friends that live in Guardia or have purchased a home in Guardia.. always getting the latest updates and news, responding to questions from people interested in going to Guardia to find their dream home, or simply planning my next trip. In some way, I feel like I manage to spend at least a few minutes every day in Guardia, this wonderful place that brings constant little snippets of serendipity to my daily routine of traffic, deadlines and conference calls. The house in Guardia is ready for me at a moment's notice.

People ask me if I have any regrets about buying a house in Guardia, Italy.. my answer is always the same.. "Not for a single second!!!" 



Hillside view of Guardia - Picture by Guy Ranzino

The real story of Guardia is now the new wave of house hunters arriving in Guardia from all over the world.  In the last year, 20 houses have sold in the Centro Historico of Gaurdia to foreigners.  People ask if there are still houses for sale and if the prices are still good.. the answer if Yes and Yes.


The historic table that has welcomed so many visitors to Guardia in the past year.  (The plaque was a gift to the Orso family .. so appropriate Glenn T!!)

I am amazed at how a little town like Guardia, that has remained unchanged for so many years, has opened there arms to so many different people, and made them feel right at home. 

Welcome South Africa and Singapore!!

This month alone, Martha and Carlo arrived from South Africa and within one week, found a lovely vacation home for themselves.


Wayliak and his family from Singapore and spent 2 weeks in Guardia house hunting and enjoying the many day trips easily accessible from Guardia.  After 2 weeks in Guardia, they had found a wonderful vacation home and friendships that will hopefully last many lifetimes!


Wayliak and family meeting little Orso's
Even the littlest visitors can't help falling in love with Anna (and her cooking!!) 



Also, this month.  A film crew arrived that was filming a horror film called "Janara"  The filming took place in various locations in Guardia and San Lupo.  A lot of the filming took place on the piazza by my house Piazza Croce. All very exciting for the people of Guardia!  See the link on fb...Janara Il Film for more pictures and information.


Temporary bar scene.. on the Piazza

Filming on the steps of the Chiesa del Rocco
Click on link above for historical information on the Chiesa del Rocco.. one of several significant churches in Guardia..  



I'm excited to see new life coming back to the Centro Historico of Guardia, and I go to sleep at night dreaming about the possibilities of what tomorrow will bring ..

Buonanotte a tutti!

No comments:

Post a Comment