Monday, January 6, 2014

Tanti Auguri!!

Buon Natale and Capodanno Everyone!

I've been in Guardia for a week.. I'm not quite sure where the week has gone, I know I've been busy but it has been leisurely and restful at the same time. Mostly spent catching up with old friends, celebrating the Holidays and birthdays and getting a few things done around the house.It seems like there was something to go to every night...

Christmas Festivities in Guardia


I think what I enjoy the most about being here in Guardia is that I feel that I'm really living life as its supposed to be..la Dolce Vita!! . new tastes, touch, sounds, sights. I've been back 4 times now and every time I am amazed at how people take the time to talk and enjoy life!! (It seems like a bit of a lost art at times in my daily life back at home!) 

Dinner with friends in Casa Kestler


I have somehow gone through most of my time here and forgot to take hardly any pictures!  but I thought I would share a bit of the trip ..


New Years Eve Pre Party at the Tanna Del Orso.. Champagne Toast!!



Followed by 6 hours of eating a 6 course delicious meal and drinking wine, singing and dancing at the White House Restaurant..

Course #1 -- and then 1 forgot to take pictures of the rest



Our great Italian neighbors in Gropola Groche!!
Francesco and Gigia who are always there with a friendly welcoming smile!



New Canadian neighbors and friends in Guardia .. Happy Bday D!!


 The parties are always so much fun!! but I think this is what I love the most.. sipping a giant american mug of espresso while looking out of my kitchen window... followed by a nice walk through the piazza.






Or learning how to make Gnocchi with Anna Orso... yum!!



I finally went to visit the Palace in Caserta.. It was amazing!!  It went on for forever!! and I feel like I would like to go again in the summer and see the gardens







and went on a personal tour of Cerreto by my wonderful neighbor Gigia!! We saw a beautiful art exhibit by the talented Luiza Muzi from Rome at the Commune



El Commune de Cerreto





Concert at the Church in Cerreto

 .
















I'm off for a personal tour of Naples tomorrow with Anna and Luigi Orso.. I can hardly wait!  

Buonanotte from Guardia!!


2 comments:

  1. Everything is just as you describe it! We have just returned from our own house-hunting trip to Guardia and experienced pretty much what you did. It is a special town .Hope to meet you there soon. Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz, It makes me so happy to hear you had a great time in Guardia and enjoyed the uniqueness of this special place!! - Patsy

      Delete